Bounce into spring with Woman&Home’s Eating Smart
When this magazine launched last year we immediately became big fans. The spring edition is out now and as usual it’s packed full of gluten free and dairy free recipes from the likes of Mary Berry, Jamie Oliver and Saturday Kitchen’s James Martin.
We love the Meals in 30 Minutes section that includes In-a-hurry curry and Butternut Squash and Beetroot Tortilla with Goats’ Cheese. I’ll be making that this week.
The baking section includes marzipan-topped fruit cakes and an amazing looking Hazelnut and Chocolate cake. And the Salted Caramel Chocolate Pots are a diet-killer. So to make up for it, check out the low-calorie meals that include North African Fish Tagine and Lemon and Coriander Hummus.
Eating Smart is available in all good newsagents for £3.99.
The Woman&Home team also sent us a box of goodies to try too. At Gluten Free Blog we love to support smaller or up and coming brands that are dedicated to making tasty gluten free products.
So in no particular order, we’ve really enjoyed trying:
- Goody Good Stuff – delicious soft sweets that are gluten, lactose and gelatine free
- Honeybuns – lovely packaging, amazing cakes and cookies
- Moo Free – gluten, wheat, lactose and dairy free but super tasty chocolate
- Perkier – lovely branding and amazing tasting Tiffin
- Rolly’s Brownies – Dorset based company and orange brownies to die for
- Big Oz – Tasty gluten free cereals from Surrey based business
- Metcalfe’s Skinny – Low calorie, high tasting snacks like chocolate coated corn cakes
- Chia Bia – Tasty biscuits, bars and powders made from chia seeds