More gluten free delights from the team at Udi’s
Aaah. There’s always something totally ace about coming back from lunch and finding a hamper from Udi’s sitting on your desk.
Since we first heard of Udi’s last year, the US brand has slowly been introducing new gluten free products to the range. And we were chuffed to try some different Udi’s products.
We’ve tried Udi’s raisin and cinnamon bagels before which were absolutely yummy. So we had high hopes for the sun dried tomato ones – and they didn’t disappoint. In fact, I’d go as far to say that Udi’s are the best brand for bagels. These are moist, springy and tasty. The OH had one with bacon and I had mine with cream cheese. Delish.
Udi’s bagel chips are always a winner. They’re super crunchy so don’t take them to the library or cinema as a snack. Udi’s gluten free multiseed bread is very good too. The slices are smaller than – say – Genius loaves, so they’re not ideal for sarnies. But this loaf is perfect for toast. And as it’s multiseed it’s really tasty and filling. I had a couple of slices with homemade jam for breakfast, which was a great way to start the weekend.
Something else that was in our hamper was Udi’s all purpose pastry mix which, I’ll be honest, we haven’t even tried yet. But our nice friends at Udi’s sent us a brilliant recipe that we’re definitely going to try.
Udi’s Chicken, Asparagus and Garden Pea Mug Pie
The following makes two mugs.
- Udi’s flaky and delicious pastry mix
- 20g chicken cubed
- Three stick of asparagus
- Handful garden peas
- One spring onion
- A few leaves flat leaf parsley
- Two eggs – one to add and one to glaze
- 50ml double cream
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C /Gas mark 6
- Place the chicken in an oven proof dish and place in the oven until cooked through
- Add the asparagus, peas, spring onion, one egg (beaten), double cream and salt and pepper to the chicken and stir through
- Place the mixture in a mug
- Make up the Udi’s pastry
- Cut the pastry into quarters and roll out one of the quarters to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut into two circles
- Put the rest of the pastry into the freezer
- Put the pasty lids over the filling, brush with a beaten egg and place into the oven until the pastry is golden brown
- Allow the pies to cool. Then pack into your picnic basket!
Udi’s products are now available Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose.
Connect with the nice people at Udi’s:
- Web: udisglutenfree.co.uk
- Twitter: @Udis_UK
- Facebook: UdisGlutenFreeUK
- Google+: Udi’s Gluten Free UK