As you might have been able to tell from recent posts I love my iPhone. So I have created a little GFB iPhone icon. Also called a ‘web clip’. This appears (instead of a screenshot of the website) if you link to The Gluten Free Blog from your iPhone Home Screen.
To do this:
- Browse to www.gluten-free-blog.com in the iPhone’s Safari browser.
- Click the ‘+’ symbol on the toolbar at the bottom of the browser.
- Select ‘Add to Home Screen’ from the options that appear.
- If you prefer you can change the name of the web clip from the default ‘The Gluten Free Blog’. The name is often abbreviated on the Home Screen if it’s more than 10 characters. I just use ‘GFB’.
- The GFB icon will be added to the first available free space on your iPhone screens.
Of course you can easily give this icon pride of place on your first Home Screen by dragging your icons around. You can do this on the iPhone itself or it’s even easier via the iTunes application when syncing. Watch this Apple video tutorial for information on rearranging your iPhone icons via iTunes (it’s about a minute and a half in).
Just what you’ve always wanted. Easy access to The Gluten Free Blog when on the move!